A Production Manager is responsible for managing artwork (on and offline) and retouching projects for all design projects. They will be involved in all stages of the production process, from pre-production through to post-production and will be responsible for ensuring that production runs as smoothly as possible.
It’s essential that Production Managers have a detailed knowledge of Artwork processes, which means that they often come from an artwork background, though this is not essential. As Production Manager you will act as the conduit between Account Management, Digital, Creative, Studio and the other departments so will need both good communication and organisation skills.
In order to spot potential issues before work goes to print, Production Managers will have an outstanding attention to detail and a good understanding of the creative process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Trafficking and quality control of artwork materials through the studio and ensuring sign off at all stages
- Work with wider teams to ensure any production issue flag issues are flagged to keep a projects on track
- To prepare work in progress schedules and update weekly.
- Have an understanding of all the latest production techniques.
- Prioritise workload to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Overseeing the production and delivery of final artwork
- Ensuring work is delivered on time and on budget
- Ensure that before any work leaves the office, the correct approval processes have been adhered to.
- Liasing with print suppliers
Salary wise outside of London the role generally pays between £31,000 to £42,000 depending on regional variance and level of experience.
Global Marketing Agency seeks experienced Producers to join their wildly successful team! Based in the heart of Birmingham the agency has a portfolio of large household names and this rol...
More13 days ago
- Interim Production Manager
Interim Production Manager Worcestershire £30,000 - £33,000 pro rata Pitch are partnered with a well kno...