We have partnered with a leading FMCG food business who are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their established commercial team.
With this role purely focusing on business development, they are looking for an experienced sales professional who has a proven track record of being able to transition into new markets and customers with ease. The role will focus on the London/South East regions, specifically targeting independent customers such as small restaurant groups and local suppliers, through to vegan cafes and local artisan delis.
Supplying into the UK's leading high street restaurant chains and pub groups, the business already has established relationships within the food service, wholesale and out of home channels. Looking to diversify their customer portfolio, this is a brand new and high-profile role which will be mainly field based. The focus will be to expand the client's reach into the independent markets and the success of the role will be measured by number of new customers, their retention and through financial targets.
You will be a driven and ambitious sales professional, with previous experience of working for an FMCG business. You will have the ability to identify prospective new customers through market trends and possess strong commercial acumen, coupled with excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
This position will suit you if you are/have:
- Previous experience of working for an FMCG food/drinks business or retailer
- Track record of winning new customers, generating new business and identify new business prospects
- Genuine passion for sales and able to work independently
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in same or similar role
- Proactive in overcoming barriers to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure and achieving KPIs
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to Travel as the role is mainly field based