We have partnered with a specialist, global FMCG food business who is looking for a Commercial Growth Manager to join their expanding team. With Europe’s and the UK’s leading retailers amongst its customer base, this client provides efficient and sustainable solutions to customers and suppliers through fantastic service and market-leading innovation. The business invest heavily in the developing their employees and their working environment contributes to the well-being of employees and encourages continual innovation and improvement.
- Support the Senior Commercial Business Growth Manager to develop the business growth customers and projects Strategic Plans in line with business objectives
- Proactively engaging with business growth clients, whilst efficiently communicating relevant product and customer information to our internal departments
- Assist in the sourcing of new goods and services relevant to business growth customers and projects
- Assist in the collation, preparation and delivery of performance and marketing information and presentation materials to support team members in respect of business summaries and associated data bases
- Undertake various sales and marketing activities encompassing all channels with respect to e-commerce websites, portals and social media platforms.
- Support the procurement of the required products in a way that minimises seasonality gaps, maintains continuity of supply and hold a contingency plan should main supply sources have stock availability issues
- Control pricing, other costs and charges in order to achieve a profitable business in line with budgets and agreed KPI`s
- Support in the management of customer facing relationships and the external execution of events.
- In conjunction with the Technical Team develop a process for new product technical approvals.
- Involvement in the development and delivery of packaging solutions for NPD and general client packaging requirements across the business categories
- Work with the supply chain and Operations teams to ensure that the service requirements are understood and implemented in line with customer expectations
- Promote a continuous improvement (LEAN) culture and continually strive to achieve efficiencies to drive the business objectives
- Assist and cover for colleagues in the Marketing and Business Growth Team as required
- Support the Senior Commercial and Business Growth Manager in the management of all customer accounts and activities, facilitating work stream meetings as directed
- Support in the delivery of clearly defined customer plans including the marketing and promotional strategy employing various media platforms
- Review and recommend category performance against Budget and Customer KPI’s and expectations
- Nominated point of contact for actioning any daily customer queries or issues ~ whilst supporting the business growth team in the weekend rota cover
- Communicate with customer & sales procurement colleagues to effectively plan customer product, operational and packaging requirements communicating said information to the business in a timely manner
- Update and communicate as appropriate performance, marketing information, customer forecasts and presentation materials to the business.
- Complete social media, website and product portal management tasks regarding business growth clients and projects.
- Co-ordination of e-commerce sales activities in respect to business growth clients and projects
- Assist at specific business growth external events, which may be conducted over weekend periods
- Support the Senior Commercial Business Growth and Packaging Managers in respect to the work streams involving researching, developing and managing packaging solutions across the business including NPD, seasonal activity and recyclability elements.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive business projects and conduct all business communication, internally and externally, in line with written company policies and in a way that promotes a positive image of the company at all times
- Ensure sufficient security and protection of data is achieved to meet GDPR requirements within the Department
a) Mandatory competencies and criteria. The post holder must:
- Degree, NVQ or equivalent level qualification and or experience within the Food / Grocery sales and marketing sector
- Possess commercial awareness with good numerical and analytical skills in order to undertake product costing matrix
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact in a customer facing role
- Competence in the use of ICT tools including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills to positively influence other teams and
individuals whether inside or outside the company.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality in communications when
dealing with sensitive business projects
- Pay meticulous attention to detail
- Capability to take responsibility, handle pressure and work to tight
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation to understand more about this role please apply or contact me directly to arrange a suitable time to speak.