Incredible opportunity for an experienced Corporate Communications Manager to join a multi-award winning retailer in a newly created role.
Working as a core part of the communications team for this high profile retail brand, you'll be tasked with delivering both consumer PR and public affairs activity.
To be considered you must have a proven track record of running national communications activity, working closely with colleagues and external stakeholders to support the business in achieving its objectives and driving positive sentiment.
The core focus of the role is to deliver proactive communications activity that enhances the reputation of the business, identifying PR opportunities to increase reach and influence, working closely with key media, in particular with key city correspondents.
You'll also be responsible for responding to media enquiries in conjunction with their press office, whilst working closely with their corporate communications agency to ensure you keep abreast of the latest sector developments, opportunities to own a share of the news agenda and an ability to advise senior staff of the implications for the business.
As you'd expect, to be considered you'll significant corporate communications experience, either in-house or agency side, having worked with a mixture of major brands (retail sector experience is desirable but not essential). Naturally you'll also have excellent writing skills and be proficient in writing for a variety of formats from press releases to press briefings, letters, social media, presentations and beyond.
Given the importance of integrated communications activity, you'll work hard to ensure that all communications and wider brand activity is aligned to ensuring strategic objectives are met. As such, whilst you're first and foremost a PR and Communications professional, you'll also have a good understanding of how this knits with wider marketing activity.
The ideal candidate for the role will bring:
- Proven experience in corporate PR / communications (agency or in-house) delivering successful, integrated communications campaigns
- Ability to develop a strong network of media contacts, in particular with city correspondents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Budget and agency management experience - you'll be working with large budgets and a number of agencies
- People management and development experience - you will have day-to-day responsibility for a small team
- Experience of crisis & issues management
- Ability to respond to corporate media requests
And as a person you'll be:
- Confident, sociable and hard working who enjoys working in a fast paced team
- Well organised, flexible and pragmatic
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Driven, proactive & adaptable - you'll be working in a dynamic retail business so you'll relish the opportunity to learn new things
- Happy juggling multiple tasks at the same time
- Comfortable managing external agencies and more junior reports
This is an exceptional opportunity for any ambitious Corporate PR / Communications professional. Apply now in confidence for immediate consideration.
This role is easily commutable from Warwick, Leamington Spa, Birmingham, Rugby, Leicester and surrounding areas