Pitch are happy to be a retained partner with Sunflex, a market leading supplier of curtain tracks, poles and accessories in the UK in securing a Creative Designer into their growing marketing team. They pride themselves in staying on top of industry trends and partner with a wide range of the UK's leading retailers, as well as national and independent wholesalers. Currently going through a positive period of growth, Sunflex are now looking to develop their marketing team by forming a creative hub based at their Cannock Head Office.
Sunflex is part of the Hunter Douglas Group, which is comprised of a portfolio of companies including, turning over $3.6 Billion in 2018.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role is responsible for the identification of interior design styles and trends and the translation into appropriate products from what is being recognised in the wider market including adjacent categories across home interiors.
- Ensure Sunflex maintains our position as the pioneering authority within our categories for proprietary brands and customer own label ranges by understanding what is new and what is next
- Inspiring creativity through the lens of design and new product ideas
- Concept creation based on market research, design and colour/style forecasting through to commercial products by identifying key themes and trends from research to form clear & actionable analysis
- In depth insight into the consumer of today and tomorrow by understanding trends in consumer and retail markets
- Understand emergent behaviours driven by new technology and forward looking trends that shape the market place
- Building strategies around key planning cycles for our own label customers working 2 seasons ahead
- Product updates to tweak core offerings
- Market knowledge of key retailer’s ranges in our product categories and those adjacent including paint, wallpaper, fabric and flooring
- Competitor range analysis and evaluation
- Produce impactful, high quality and insightful reports, presentations and visual materials
Requirements for the Role:
- Knowing when to back a colour, trend or product category through your research, insight and understanding
- Understanding of product design and how shapes work in a particular space and environment
- Strong belief in their ideas with an ability to convey trends and meaning to less trend aware colleagues and customers
- It is essential customers view this role as the most credible and expert authority in the window furnishing category
- Graphic and pattern design would be advantageous
- Organised and methodical with a high attention to detail, a natural forward planner with a proven creativity, initiative, successful project management and problem solving agility with the ability to work under pressure managing simultaneous projects
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence across business functions, including Design, Sales, Marketing and with customers up to Board level, verbally and in writing
- Adept in the use of Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office
- Current driving license
This is an office-based position, however, the role will require travel to customer’s offices and DCs, retail stores and trade shows with occasional overnight stays away from home in order to meet the demands of the role. The perfect candidate will be well organised, confident, creative, outgoing and personable. You should also be able to demonstrate drive, focus, reliability with the ability to challenge conventions. Confidence and a passion for the category is essential for this role.
Pitch are managing all applications and recruitment on behalf of Sunflex, if you are interested in having a confidential conversation to discuss the role please apply here.
Applications sent directly to Sunflex will unfortunately not be considered.