***HOME BASED CONTRACT - WILL LOOK AT CANDIDATES BASED ACROSS UK***
We have partnered exclusively with one of the UK's leading travel brands who has launched an online arm to their business. They are looking to grow their commercial team and therefore need an experienced Head of Commercial to drive a consistent trajectory of growth across the UK.
Purpose of the role:
- To develop, lead and manage all commercial activities
- To develop, implement and innovative a growth-focused commercial strategy, focusing primarily on new operations & emerging markets for the product
- To ensure that profitable business growth is accelerated and that commercial success is achieved.
- Developing and implementing the commercial strategy with the lead Director
- Grow revenue and market share by pushing value drivers of the business, whilst identifying profitable commercial opportunities
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience and leading the Growth Manager to ensure their business is retained, whilst we grow
- Working closely with B2B managers and the Business Development Manager to grow key market segments (existing and new) and the B2B proposition customers, thereby improving turnover and profitability
- Undertaking market research and analysis to produce business plans to optimise the existing business and produce business cases (including all associated costs, risk assessment and forecasted revenue) for new opportunities.
- Working with the Senior Product Owner to ensure each new product or service development on the roadmap has clear commercial and/or customer value, and champion and lead successful implementation across the business
- Reviewing and assessing the potential to develop strategic partnerships with sector specialists and making recommendations to the Commercial & Marketing leadership team
- Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors, new mobility developments, government initiatives, current and proposed legislation in relation to commercial activities) and briefing this regularly to lead director for DRT
- Leading on the trading cycle for the division, oversee collation and analysis of business data pertaining to all commercial activities and support the commercial analyst in producing clear and actionable reports
- Developing and embed a clear KPI regime across the commercial activities of the division including customer acquisition and retention
- Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by the Line Manager, for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood.
- Relevant degree level or equivalent industry recognised qualification
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level
- Demonstrable track record or growing a start-up business with a digital product or within a similar fast growth company
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to convince and persuade at a senior level in the business
- Sound business judgement with an infectious level of energy and tenacious mindset and a 'can do' attitude
- Track record of leading a team to success and working cross-divisionally to garner support in delivering results
- Commercially astute and customer focused
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment
- A love of interpreting data and management information to develop and deliver sound business plans that realise P&L objectives
- Responsibility for delivering annual P&L objectives
New mobility and/or ride sharing experience
Project/programme management experience