Pitch is an independent recruitment consultancy based in the Colmore District of Birmingham. Established in 2007, our culture and service are built on reputation, honesty and trust. To our clients we offer an agile, adaptable and a highly efficient service - although “boutique like” we have the infrastructure and processes to tackle any project. Our specialism has historically been within marketing, PR, Digital and Creative. Over the last 3 years Pitch has begun to evolve and broaden its offering and is now gearing up for a period of growth.
To move forward in line with our vision we are looking to strengthen our Leadership Team with the appointment of a Managing Consultant
This person would be heading up our team of permanent recruiters. The position is still a billable role so we need someone with a proven track record of managing a team of at least three, but who is also still hands on and able to identify and secure business. Naturally, the level of recruitment we would expect from such a candidate, would be that of senior/board level (within their specialism) with a more junior Consultant supporting on lower level roles.
Given our strategy for growth, having experience in marketing recruitment isn’t crucial. We will equally consider experience in sales, FMCG, marketing, HR or other similar commercial skillsets.
We are also not looking for someone who simply wants to manage a team and bill. We are looking for a commercially minded and ambitious professional who has a genuine interest in being part of shaping and steering our business forward. We are looking for someone who can spot opportunities, improvements and drive ideas and solutions to ensure our offering is constantly evolving. This role is key to strengthening our Leadership Team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage a team of permanent recruitment consultants
- Track pipeline & evaluate performance issues throughout the week
- Conduct team reviews
- Identify skills gaps and work with the Leadership Team to design a training solution
- Assist Consultants with pitches, client meetings and senior level client contact
- Run monthly/quarterly team incentives in line with provided budget
- Responsible to deliver own billings derived from senior placements from a mix of established clients and new
- Networking and attending industry events/awards
- Responsibility for team P&L
- Track record of accurately forecasting team revenue and reporting to the board in line with company guidelines
- Identify operational/process improvements
- Evaluate client spend and growth opportunities
- Contribution to the development of the business at management meetings and through invitation to contribute at board meetings
- Basic salary: £45,000 - £50,000
- Personal billings Commission
- Team performance commission
- Holiday: 30 days + stat
- Company phone & laptop