Pitch are recruiting on behalf of a well-established PR agency who are part of the chamber of commerce. We're working together to appoint an Account Manager to direct client strategy, nurture existing relationships, manage internal members of the team and execute industry-leading campaigns.
The agency have a core specialism within the technical and engineering sectors and whilst direct experience working within this sector is not a necessity, a solid agency-side b2b background would be beneficial.
Responsibilities will include:
- Driving client strategy and producing review documents
- Ensuring client strategies are up to date and effective
- Producing weekly, monthly and annual plans to fulfil objectives
- Supervisory responsibilities for a team of at least two others
- Conducting one to ones and appraisals
- Organising management meetings
- Pitching for and winning new business
- Actively contributing to the management of the PR agency
This job would be ideal for someone with three or more years of experience in PR who is looking for genuine responsibility and the ability to influence the direction of the agency.
If you are a CIPR (Chartered Institute of PR) or PRCA (Public Relations Consultants Association) member, it would be beneficial. A chartered or accredited CIPR member would be fantastic!
Your key skills should be:
- Media Relations: Great journalist contacts in relevant media and the ability to generate regular coverage. You must be able to identify relevant issues for clients by monitoring the media and pitching your opportunities to clients.
- Press office: Handle complex incoming media enquiries.
- Finance: A thorough understanding of client budgets and how to meet that budget with service delivery.
Writing: You must demonstrate superb attention to detail in all internal and external written communications, including strong grammar, spelling, clear structure and newsworthiness where appropriate.
- Editing: Produce polished copy for press releases, case studies and technical articles, opinion pieces and client publications.
- Proof reading: You must understand newsworthiness, know how to write and edit a press release or piece of content and have a good understanding of the nuances of client politics.
- Digital: Understanding of digital channels and trends and how they impact communications strategy.
- Creativity: You must add value to client programmes, encouraging creativity and innovation/
- People management and development: Motivate, guide and inspire junior team members to perform well.
- Project management: Excellent administration skills and project management.
- IT skills: Good knowledge and use of IT packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Suite).
Our client's personalised benefits package allows each employee to choose his or her preferred reward for achieving targets. Performing well can result in extra holidays, trade or professional body membership, books, tech, gigs, music vouchers or almost anything with measurable value.
Employees benefit from an annual paid day to spend working for a charity of their choice and additional projects (such as the company's recent charity sky dive) are also encouraged.
A truly fantastic opportunity for a PR Account Manager.