Sunflex is the market leading supplier of pre-packaged curtain track, poles, blinds and accessories offering the largest collection of window fashion products from a single source in the UK. With over 40 years’ industry experience, the company is driven by innovation and pride themselves on always being at the forefront of industry trends. The business partners with a wide range of the UK's leading retailers, as well as national and independent wholesalers.
Hunter Douglas, Sunflex’s parent company, is comprised of a diverse portfolio of market-leading companies including Thomas Sanderson, Hillary’s, Faber, Apollo Blinds and UK blinds, turning over $3.6 Billion in 2018. Founded in 1919 by Henry Sonnenberg in Dusseldorf, Germany, Hunter Douglas are the global leaders in window furnishings. The business has enjoyed 100 years of success and operates in over 100 countries, employing over 23,500 people worldwide.
Sunflex is entering an exciting period of growth and are transforming their marketing department by building an internal creative hub. Based at their Cannock Head Office, just outside of Birmingham, the new team will enable the business to bring more resource in-house and effectively drive growth across their portfolio of branded and own label products.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role is responsible for managing a successful and large product portfolio from conception through to launch. In conjunction with consumer and trade knowledge and research, you will launch products into the UK market under a strategic brand proposition and private label developments for a selected portfolio of key accounts and Distributors/Independent Stores. You will ensure profitable and timely new product developments throughout the entire lifecycle including the appearance and integrity of the various brands you manage. You will need to engage a variety of skills from research to design to develop both a long and short term plan focusing on results and ROI whilst managing a successful and large product portfolio from conception through to launch and beyond with a focus on commercial and financial performance.
- Develop, communicate and implement category plans by brand based on long term strategies to ensure the product ranges are competitive and meet the customer and market requirements in line with sales and margin business objectives
- Manage and execute first class project management, delivering world-class NPD launch programs to meet business and customer’s requirements
- Implementand manage product pricing based on supplier quotations from briefs and specifications you have developed
- Conduct monthly audits of the brand, competitors, category, customer and consumer trends to monitor marketplace dynamics and performance
- Monitor and control budgeted expenditure for your brands
- Formulate and manage the Product Portfolio Planning to include an exit strategy of discontinued products from the assigned portfolio in order to maximise profit and customer inventory continuity
- Work collaboratively with the in-house and customer design/creative teams to ensure clear briefs are issued for all projects and to be fully conversant with retailer’s product range objectives and articulate trend in line with these. This includes but is not limited to execution of packaging designs, promotional campaigns, literature and POS consistent with the range and brand, that will deliver sales and profit growth based on business and customer objectives.
- Liaise with both UK and Far East factories to identify suitable suppliers and negotiate prices to ensure maximum profitability
- Take ownership of the NPD process from concept to delivery for your brands.
- Identify and create new product opportunities which fulfil market, business and customer requirements to deliver required margins with a cohesive pricing architecture
- Support the sales team with customer visits and attendance at customer events and exhibitions where necessary
- Conduct annual pricing reviews for the relevant product range ensuring an appropriate balance between price positioning, sales volumes and margin achievement
Requirements for the Role:
- Marketing and commercial knowledge of Planning & Process across Marketing Functions – Communications, New Product Development, Brand Management
- Experience of life cycle management throughout the product portfolio
- Strategic thinking with high levels of numeracy & literacy, fluency in Commercial calculations (margins & profitability etc)
- Organised and methodical with high attention to detail, a natural forward planner with a proven creativity, initiative, successful project management and problem-solving agility with the ability to work under pressure managing simultaneous projects
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook and a clear focus on product, brand and business profit
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence across business functions, including Sales, Purchasing, Production, Operations and Design up to Board level, verbally and in writing
- Passionate about Product
- Adept in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook or similar
- Knowledge of using management information systems and software for report preparation and analysis
- Current driving license
- This is an office-based position, however, the role will require travel to customer’s offices and DCs, retail stores and trade shows with occasional overnight stays away from home in order to meet the demands of the role.
Pitch are managing all applications and recruitment on behalf of Sunflex, if you are interested in having a confidential conversation to discuss the role please apply here.
Applications sent directly to Sunflex will unfortunately not be considered.