Pitch are exclusively working with an award-winning loyalty business to secure them an experienced SQL Database Administrator. Our client are investing heavily in their data platform and are appointing a database administrator join their Oldham team to maintain the day to day operation performance and integrity of their SQL server databases.
Reporting in to the IT Director, this is a business critical role where duties will include:
- Maintaining and developing the SQL Server databases including a data warehouse
- Maintenance and testing of database backup processes
- Monitoring all database performance and tuning where necessary
- Ownership and control of ETL processes including maintenance of new business data streams
- Working closely with marketing teams and analysts to provide best practice recommendations and to support business growth
- Act as a mentor on SQL training for the wider business ensuring that all users are maximising its usage.
This is a great opportunity to work with a growing business in a dedicated team of IT professionals but with a dotted line into marketing and the wider operational teams. To be considered for this role you will need:
- Previous experience as a Database Administrator with experience of design and implementation of back-ups, performance tuning and provisioning of databases
- Excellent knowledge of Azure
- Solid experience of working with SQL Server 2016+
- Database replication experience
- Good project management skills
- The ability to relay technical information confidently to non-technical stakeholders
- Ideally experience of PowerBI
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and are interested in joining a dynamic and fast-paced business, please get in touch immediately.