Pitch is excited to be supporting Sunflex UK, part of the Hunter Douglas group of companies, on a retained basis in securing new talent for their marketing team. Sunflex is the market leading supplier of pre-packaged curtain track, poles, and accessories offering the diverse collection of window fashion products from a single source in the UK. Driven by innovation and pride themselves on quality products, the business partners with a wide range of the UK's leading retailers, as well as national and independent wholesalers.
The parent company, Hunter Douglas which is comprised of a diverse group of market leading companies including Hillary’s, Thomas Sanderson, Luxaflex, Faber, Eclipse, Apollo Blinds and UK blinds, turning over $3.6 Billion in 2018. The company has had 100 years of success and, operates in over 100 countries and employs over 23,500 people worldwide.
The Sunflex team are going through an exciting period of growth and are transforming their marketing function by building a creative hub based at their Cannock Head Office, just outside of Birmingham.
The Technical Design Engineer will report into the Head of Marketing and work closely with the Operations Director to bring design concepts to life.
- Identify potential and actual product weaknesses and implement Root Cause Analysis techniques to eliminate deficiencies
- Provide expertise in engineering design - fit and function across injection moulded and extruded components that need to work together, mechanical design
- Working closely with the Design and Marketing Teams to provide cost-effective and repeatable engineering solutions for new product designs
- Manage prototype and testing requirements for new product designs
- Build a knowledge of the existing the product range
- Identify opportunities for product component optimization
- Value engineering of existing product range
- Producing prototypes and samples using 3D Print technology
- Assisting the QA Team with Product Approvals and Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Producing ad-hoc technical reports
Requirements for the Role:
This appointment requires cross-functional involvement with people at all levels of the business across all departments both internally and externally.
- Fully conversant in Design for:
- Plastic Injection Moulding
- Metal & Plastic Extrusion
- Zinc Pressure Diecasting
- Metal Forming
- A natural interest and flair for design, technology and innovation
- Commercially aware with an understanding of how design will contribute to driving sales through our customers and partners
- Organised and methodical with a high attention to detail, a natural forward planner with a proven creativity, initiative, successful project management and problem solving agility with the ability to work under pressure managing simultaneous projects
- Passionate about Product
- Adept in the use of Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office. (CAD, Solidworks, Autocad)
Pitch are managing all applications and recruitment on behalf of Sunflex, if you are interested in having a confidential conversation to discuss the role please apply here. Applications sent directly to Sunflex will unfortunately not be considered.