We have partnered with one of the UK's most exciting FMCG brands who are looking for a Category Executive to join their growing Commercial team.
Based in West Midlands, this is a business that is hugely passionate about their products and has attracted some of the most innovative and creative minds in the FMCG industry. You will be responsible with supporting the category management team to provide market insights and analysis to top grocery retailers such as Tesco & Asda.
Alongside an attractive basic salary, a company car, bonus and competitive package is on offer.
* Assist in the development of the category strategy and vision to influence category development including range, space and merchandising plans
* Working on strategic reviews for relevant accounts
* Identifying category drivers and devising category plans including range and merchandise proposals
* Contribute to the client being ultimately chosen as the category advisor for all of the strategic retail partners
* In the longer-term this exciting role will progress your career towards the status of Category Manager in which you will take sole strategic responsibility for a "Core Category" area.
Skills & Experience:
* Relevant candidates will have ideally have some level of exposure to Category/Trade or marketing
Marketing within one of three channels- Leading Non Food players, FMCG Businesses or working directly for a UK Retailer eg Sainsbury's. In doing so they will be at ease with operating in an intellectually tough environment, where results are driven via a "hands on" approach
* Commercial, analytical, numerate with good excel skills
* Excellent time management skills, highly organised, self-motivate and possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Creative problem solver with outstanding communication and negotiation skills
If you are interested in being considered for the opportunity please apply directly or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org