We have partnered with a market leading FMCG food business who are looking for an experienced Category Executive who will be fast tracked to Category Manager.
They are keen to meet with ambitious category professionals who have previously worked for a Bluechip FMCG business, on a top 4 grocery account.
You will be joining an established commercial team who are extremely values driven - they offer fantastic career progression opportunities and company benefits.
- Develop category strategies, in line with company strategy, including pricing, ranging, and promotional activity
- Responsibility for working cross functionally to develop an annual plan, providing up-to-date actionable insights & ensuring our interests are represented outside the business unit
- Responsibility for the category agenda with 2 of the business's top 4 strategic retailer partners.
- Supporting the category team in setting the rolling 3 year plan & tailoring category vision, whilst implementing the annual plan
- Develop retailer level insights & tailor centralised customer understanding to the customer
- Be proactive - Identify opportunities & threats and take solutions to the retailer
- Leading the Implementation of both the brand & own label brand plans (supporting the creation)
- Responsibility for owning the relationship with relevant retailer counterparts & ensure contact matrix extends further than the buyer
- Responsibility as the key category contact from a cross functional point of view
- Sharing latest trends, news & actionable insights
Skills & experience:
- Previous experience in a category management role with a leading bluechip FMCG brand
- In depth knowledge of Dunnhumby, Kantar, Nielsen IRI etc…
- Self-starter, proactive agenda setting and solution based approach.
- Strong communication skills with multiple styles.
- Effective influencer and good commercial understanding
- Category management experience - minimum 2-3 years
- Drive and dynamism, with high levels of team spirit and energy
Please send your CV to Becky Evans at email@example.com