We have partnered with a market leading FMCG brand who are looking for an experienced Category Manager to manage the relationship with x2 high profile customers, one of which is a Top 4 account. These customers are key to the brand's profitability, bringing in £90m worth of revenue, as such they are looking for an individual who is exceptionally detailed in their approach, with strong stakeholder management skills. Based in the Midlands, there is the option for some flexible home working.
- To deliver 3 year commercial strategy plans for all branded and PL propositions.
- Promotional plans of brand/PL, by channel - level, weeks on deal, execution, target reduction in promotional participation and target grown share of added value.
- Identification on new routes to market for brand/PL products.
- Identification of potential CINC's.
- Ensure a collaborative relationship with demand planning, to ensure the best use of product e.g. volume recommendation by customer for NPD.
- Communicate with the commercial team as part of the account planning process.
- Lead monthly promotional review account surgeries, ensuring promotional reviews are completed and used to educate future promotional plans and to ensure the maximisation of promotional effectiveness at a business level.
- The role requires a unique balance of being able to have a strategic view as well as getting involved with hands on analysis.
- The process covers all functions, and therefore requires strong leadership capabilities to influence stakeholders and ensure alignment across functions.
Skills & experience:
- Previously worked in a category management role within an FMCG brand/business.
- Experience of working with Top 4 grocery retailers.
- The role requires a balance of category and market knowledge, as well as a sound commercial acumen.
- Good financial and analytical skills.
- Understanding of data gathering/researching platforms; including basic use of Nielsen, IRI and Kantar.
- Holds strong leadership and accountability skills.
- A self-starter, who can proactively set agenda’s utilising a solution based approach.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong communication skills, previously used across multiple stakeholders and platforms.
- Effective influencer with a good commercial understanding.
Please get in touch with Becky Evans for a confidential conversation