Incredible opportunity for an experienced Communications Manager to join a multi-award winning retailer in a newly created role.
Working as a core part of the communications team for this high profile retail brand, you'll be tasked with delivering both consumer PR and public affairs activity.
To be considered you must have a proven track record of delivering regional and national communications activity, working closely with colleagues and external stakeholders to support the business in achieving its objectives and driving positive sentiment.
The scope of the role covers everything from delivering PR and external communications activity to enhance the reputation of the business, identifying opportunities to increase reach and influence, working closely with key media, partners and external stakeholders. A key part of your remit will be to drive regional consumer PR activity, to complement national activity and enhance grassroots local reputation.
In conjunction with their corporate communications agency, you'll also be responsible for helping to execute the UK public affairs strategy, building and maintaining relationships with external political and industry stakeholders. You'll keep abreast of political and sector developments and advise senior staff of the implications for the business. It's therefore important that you keep up to date with current affairs and have an understanding of politics.
As you'd expect, to be considered you'll significant PR and communications experience, either in-house or agency side, having worked with a mixture of consumer and B2B brands. Naturally, you'll also have excellent writing skills and be proficient in writing for a variety of formats from press releases to press briefings, letters, social media, presentations and beyond.
Given the importance of integrated communications activity, you'll work hard to ensure that all communications and wider brand activity is aligned to ensuring strategic objectives are met. As such, whilst you're first and foremost a PR and Communications professional, you'll also have a good understanding of how this knits with wider marketing activity.
The ideal candidate for the role will bring:
- Proven experience in consumer and corporate PR (agency or in-house) delivering successful, integrated campaigns
- Ability to develop a strong network of influencers and media contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Budget and agency management experience - you'll be working with large budgets and a number of agencies
- People management and development experience
And as a person you'll be:
- Confident, sociable and hardworking who enjoys working in a fast-paced team
- Well organised, flexible and pragmatic
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Driven and proactive. This is a new role, so you'll need to be able to drive activity forward using your initiative
- Adaptable - you'll be working in a dynamic retail business so you'll relish the opportunity to learn new things
- Happy juggling multiple tasks at the same time
- Comfortable managing external agencies and more junior reports
This is an exceptional opportunity for any ambitious PR / Communications professional. Apply now in confidence for immediate consideration.