We are working with one of the UK’s leading food manufactures who are looking for a Head of Category to join their leadership team. As a multi-site business, they boost a portfolio of branded products as well as having a substantial own label arm to the business.
As Head of Category you will report into the Commercial Director and will proactively lead the development of customer-focused category plans.
The successful candidate will be experienced in developing relevant and actionable category insights to assist in the delivery of commercial objectives and enhance the development of any brands that fall under the remit.
• Develop customer-focused category plans via recommendations on optimum range assortment, promotions and pricing
• Fully understand the category (using Kantar, Neilsen, IRI,) and to use this knowledge to provide analysis and recommendations to both retailers and the business
• To work with the Marketing, Finance and Sales teams to understand the commerciality of key decisions
• Build relationships with key customer contacts to identify and create category opportunities which facilitate profitable sales growth
• Distribute timely market tracking to the business
• Experience of working with both branded and own label products
• Have a minimum of 5 years FMCG experience
• Be an expert user in Kantar and analytical tools.
- Experience with premium retailer is desirable but not essential
• Have strong presentation skills
• Able to communicate effectively with a non-expert audience
• Knowledge of shopper marketing processes
• Ideally Ambient FMCG experience
• Negotiation skills
If you are open to having a confidential conversation please get in touch to arrange a suitable time to speak.