Interim Process Technologist
We are looking for an experienced Interim Process Technologist to join a growing, chilled food business based in Northampton. This is an urgent assignment with the scope to go permanent.
To assist the NPD & technical department with finished product specifications, projects to comply with customer requirements and organoleptic assessments in customer attended trials, preproduction, launches and commissioning of new processes
* To manage and oversee factory trials in all areas of the factory as determined by the critical path of new product launches and also internal priorities.
* Support the centralised NPD team with concept, as well as offering support to the Technical Manager
* Responsible for assisting in all development trials in line with the customer's critical path and all internal projects.
* To organise and carry out the necessary factory trials and to analyse current processes with a view to making efficiency improvements. Evaluating process improvements including recipe changes and manufacturing equipment.
* Completion of product files for all new products.
* Participation in trials of new equipment with operations team in order to ensure product standards are maintained. To include commissioning of new equipment where appropriate.
* To assess current processes for efficiency , quality and margin up activities
* Completion of artwork checks on PDF'S for new products.
* Assessment of new raw materials through risk assessment process
* Collection of all samples, including finished product, raw material and processed materials needed for customer reviews and presentation.
* Review and complete artwork checks during product development launches and packaging amendments.
* Writing QAS, Line Standards & Online customer QAS
Knowledge, & Specific job Skills
* Previous experience of working in FMCG environment - ideally fresh & chilled
* Worked in a structured and professional environment.
* MS Office skillset
* Presentation skills
* Planning & Organising
* Attention to detail
* A degree in food science or a related discipline
* HACCP qualification