An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join our clients IT Business Alignment team in Cheadle.
The Project role will be part of team who liaise and bridge the gap between IT and the business. The IT BA team analyse business processes and systems to define solution requirements; deliver change within a structured agile framework; manage requirements through to delivery; provide a consistent experience for project participants and stakeholders by developing and maintaining IT governance controls; and maintains product ownership of the in house developed solutions.
Working as part of a busy multinational business the role will involve supporting the Sales and Marketing teams in pre-sales activity and the Development team within the IT Department team who are building and working on enterprise grade software systems, specifically in relation to our Marketing Operations Suite. You will enjoy direct customer liaison, solving problems, delivering beneficial changes, maintaining the system and process controls and be able to communicate with a varied audience.
You will perform a variety of analysis and project co-ordination and other professional activities; deliver objectives for your work area and support the Business Alignment team's responsibilities.
You will perform a variety of activities including:
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritising the work that needs to be done
- Analyse business requirements and user needs to agree detailed functional and technical requirements and plans, drawing on input from internal and external subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs to identify the highest value deliverables
- Liaison between business functions, SME's and IT on evaluating the potential impact of the change.
- Work with the Product Owners to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Work closely with the software development team in the production of software solutions with viable specifications and acceptance criteria
- Work closely with the sales and bid team to support Presales
- Be supportive watchdogs, listening for good ideas and getting ideas moving when they are worth evaluating further
- College or University degree in a related discipline
- Self-motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Professional attitude towards our customers and colleagues
- Relish collaboration with others to drive satisfaction and success
- Independent, confident and at ease in a dynamic organisation
- Enjoy drawing connections between ideas to form cohesive briefs/plans
- Inspired by the possibilities of what life would be like with more effective IT solutions
- Good sense of humour, innovative
Essential Skills and Specialist Knowledge
- 3+ years commercial experience within a similar role
- Professional qualifications relating to the above requirements such as Agile, Prince II
- Able to present technical solutions to a non-technical audience
- Agile software development experience
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills
Desired Skills and experience
- Experience of IBM Cognos BI tool.
- Knowledge of Alfresco and Activiti (workflow engines)
- Providing solutions to the Retail sector
- Providing solutions to the Central Government sector