We have partnered exclusively with a premium retail business who are looking for an enthusiastic and imaginative Content Editor to join their Marketing department. Reporting into the group's Marketing & Communications Manager, you will be responsible for producing a schedule of content to both B2B and B2C audiences across several homeware brands. These will include blog articles, social media posts, and product descriptions for the website and catalogues.
This is a perfect role for a lifestyle journalist or social media / digital marketing professional who has a strong passion for interiors, shopping or lifestyle brands. The ideal candidate will have a powerful brain and be able to write grammatically and creatively.
The role is based in Oxfordshire however the client also offers flexible home working 2-3 days a week if required.
We are looking for a professional with a proven track record of written communication for marketing or editorial. Solid grammar and vocabulary skills, the ability to write in different styles, and an enthusiasm for homeware and interiors are essential. Candidates will need the ability not only to write good copy, but identify the marketing interests of different audiences, research topics and put together a schedule of content which will engage specific groups. One day you may be writing about colour trends or the revival of Art Deco, the next about how LED lighting can help architectural projects meet environmental standards.
You will be working in a diverse marketing team and this is an exciting opportunity to grow new skills including; strategic marketing, brand development, art direction, graphic design, and project management. The company culture is quality-driven and we are looking for candidates who will value customers as much as they do and are ready to take the initiative and make a positive difference. In return, they have a friendly professional workplace which is supportive and champions skills growth, wellbeing and a work-life balance.
- A regular schedule of high-quality marketing content across the group's website, brochures and social media
- Learning about your customers and identifying the content that will matter most to them
- Working with the Marketing & Communications Manager to produce a quarterly schedule of content across several brands
- Researching and writing high-quality articles for our websites, uploading via CMS
- Helping to write product descriptions in collaboration with the product development team
- Writing marketing copy for catalogues, presentations and trade show guides
- Producing content for social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest) across several brands
- Monitoring social media accounts and responding to enquiries
- From time to time any other reasonable duties as may be reasonably requested by the Line Manager
- The position carries the responsibility for carrying out all duties to the required standard as indicated by the Line Manager and professional codes of conduct and regulations
- A degree-level education is preferable but not essential; all candidates will need to demonstrate skills in identifying themes, structured writing and complete a short-written test
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and CMS systems
- Database and information management skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and image management
- The ability to organise a varied work-load and meet deadlines
- At least 2 years' experience in a marketing role
- A keen interest in design, homeware and interiors is essential
In you are interested in hearing more please apply directly here of send your CV to Becky Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org