Working within a dynamic marketing department, your role forms an essential link in the supply chain of the company. You will experience first-hand the full mix of the product life cycle, assisting the Product Manager (PM) in the sourcing, purchasing of defined products before taking these to market.
Utilising this market knowledge, you will assist the PM in developing cohesive marketing plans for your product portfolio through various communication channels, executed by the marketing communication team.
Key responsibilities and duties - daily tasks will include but not be limited to:
Range & Data Management
- Organise & assist Product Manager (PM) to collect and analyse all data which measures product performance and take agreed action to ensure maximisation of sales and profit
- Assist PM to develop and enhance relationships with suppliers and ensure they understand and meet, our requirements
- Help PM to understand the needs of the customer and develop the product range through effective NPD to meet those needs
- Support PM to analyse price benchmarking data to validate our market competitiveness
- Accurate maintenance of electronic trading systems - K8, F:Drive
- Assist PM to manage the suppliers in order to continually improve stock availability and maximise stock turn
- Work with PM to help manage supply chain on product flow, availability, packaging, warranty issues and stock cleanses
Marketing & Communication
- Assist PMs to increase category awareness through regular contact with field sales team, presenting category updates and gathering feedback
- Assist PMs to create communication plans (PR, editorials) for all media to all audiences, internally and externally inclusive of B2B and B2C
- Be proactive and creative in suggesting and influencing marketing and commercial initiatives to ensure product performance is continually enhanced
- Communicate product messages and product launches using our intranet to inform internal stakeholders
Deliverables & KPI's:
- Assist PM to deliver all projects within the business plan
- Assist PM to achieve Sales and Profit Budget
- Assist PM & coordinate with Marketing Services to deliver Marketing and Campaign plans
- Marketing Services Team
- Pricing Department
- Participate in project teams (NPD)
- Regional field sales team
- Branch Managers
- Sheffield National Distribution Centre
The role will challenge both your analytical and creative approaches to problem solving.
We are looking for someone who wants to get started in marketing or deepen their marketing expertise as well as develop their skills further. You will part of a dynamic team and can actively contribute.