Working within a dynamic marketing department, your role forms an essential link in the supply chain. You will take full ownership in managing your product portfolio and building strong suppliers relationships.
Your role is vital to ensure products are marketed in the best way possible by using the full marketing mix.
Key responsibilities and duties - daily tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Regularly undertake product and supplier reviews and present Management proposals for appropriate steps to maximise performance
- Develop and enhance relationships with suppliers and ensure they understand and meet our requirements
- Be proactive and creative in suggesting and influencing marketing and commercial initiatives to ensure product performance is continually enhanced
- Increase category awareness through regular contact with field sales team, presenting category updates, gathering feedback
- Communication plans (PR, editorials) for all media to all audiences internal and external inclusive of factor and garage level
- Price benchmarking against market to validate our programmes market competitiveness
- Management of cross reference and alternates database ensuring minimum of 95% coverage across the category
- To understand the needs of the customer and develop the product range through effective NPD to meet those needs
- Be in a position to advise sales how best to sell the products within your category
- Analysis of warranty date and provide suppliers with direction on improvements to the speed of resolving claims, technical information on failures and other opportunities for improvements
- Proposals for catalogue and on line trading developments
- Accurate maintenance of electronic trading systems - K8, F:Drive and MAM
- Manage electronic catalogues to ensure they hold all supporting information such as images, technical information, bulletins
- Manage the suppliers in order to continually improve stock availability and maximise stock turn. Regular review meetings with NDC supply chain on product flow, availability, packaging, warranty issues and stock cleanses
- Collect and analyse all data which measure product performance and take agreed action that ensure maximisation of sales and profit
Other result areas
- Be the first point of contact with the supply base
- Deliver all projects within the business plan
- Achieve Sales and Profit Budget
- Deliver Marketing and Campaigns plans
- Marketing Services Team
- Vehicle Data Team
- Pricing Department
- Regional field sales team
- Branch Managers
- Sheffield - National Distribution Centre
We are looking for someone with Strong work ethic - self-starter able to demonstrate strong proactive approach and self- initiative; great level of commitment and dedication to meet and deadlines with high-quality results.
Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude is necessary.
You will be working as part of a team, alongside other product managers and product manager assistants. We will provide the successful candidate all the training and support needed in order to fulfil their potential and develop their skills further.