A truly exciting opportunity for a Proposal Manager to join one of the most progressive businesses we work with, who are truly disrupting their market place.
This opportunity stands head and shoulders above most, so if you're an experienced work winning / bid / submissions professional and you're open to considering new opportunities, we'd advise you stop what you're doing and read on.
We're excited to be working closely with this market-leading, ambitious and inspirational organisation in the construction / civil engineering sector, which continues to evolve and grow at a pace. This is a business truly disrupting industry norms, who passionately believe in delivering the exceptional and who have shaped their entire business model around this. The result? Unrivalled year-on-year growth, a truly engaged workforce and huge forward opportunities, both for the business and it's staff.
As Proposal Manager you'll perform a crucial role within the work winning / bids team, leading on the preparation of major tenders and submissions, that ultimately secure new work for the group. We're looking for an experienced Proposal Manager, who brings a forward thinking attitude and who will play a key role in expanding opportunities within new sectors, whilst helping drive continuous improvement across the team and wider business.
Working closely with other group functions, you'll be responsible for:
- Understanding client drivers as soon as an opportunity is identified and ensuring these are communicated to the team
- Analysing submission deliverables
- Allocating deliverables to other team members as appropriate
- Arranging and attending key meetings during the submission preparation period
- Keeping the team focussed throughout on client requirements and drivers throughout the tender process
- Reporting on progress to senior management
- Owning responsibility for the timely delivery of the submission to the client
- Proactively supporting more junior team members in preparing submissions, reviewing and quality checking submissions
- Rewriting technical information written by subject matter experts in to clear, easily understandable English
- Tailoring information, modifying and refocussing it to suit particular audiences
- Pro-actively seek and gather new information from all possible sources
- Managing a pipeline of documentation, prioritising and cross-indexing collateral
- Helping develop processes and systems to ensure robust document and version control
- Ensuring company brand guidelines are adhered to across the business
- Clearly articulate and promote the full breadth of capabilities to external clients and other stakeholders
To be considered it's important that you are:
- Highly proactive and results-focussed, with a drive for continuous improvement
- Resilient, with the ability to influence and challenge at all levels - An excellent communicator with a clear customer focus
- Able to quickly interpret complex customer requirements and identify the best way to meet them
- Excellent writing skills, with an ability to distill complex information in to clear English
- Have experience of public sector tendering
Whilst not essential, it would be brilliant if you also have:
- A background or experience in construction, engineering or another technical sector
- Experience of main contractor tendering
This business regularly tops best places to work tables and places a huge importance on culture, so it's important that you have an inclusive, collaborative approach. We're seriously excited about the potential for this role and so should you be.
If this sounds like the role you've been waiting for, we'd love to hear from you. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.