A superb field based opportunity has arisen for a results driven, highly focused individual with FMCG sales experience within a bluechip FMCG organisation.
The role will be responsible for the management and development of a portfolio of regional customers, growing account profitability and adding value through increasing sales of added value products, as well as managing core product range to ensure this remain profitable.
* Executing the Regional commercial strategy through objectives to support delivery of the regional budgeted volume and cost savings
* To effectively manage customer pricing negotiations to maintain or increase profitability taking into account key cost drivers
* Monthly review of customer profitability through reports, highlighting key movements and reasoning along with corrective action plans.
* Ensure agreed customer terms and accruals are correctly applied to accounts to ensure sufficient provision to reconcile payments
* Use category management information to support, driving customer value and the development core products and added value sales
* Monitor account performance weekly to ensure they are making a positive contribution on all product Sku's and have a tiered pricing structure
* Regular monthly meetings, focusing on reducing delivery days and increasing delivery value to deliver savings, without compromising service
* Monitor days of credit to ensure all customers trading within agreed terms addressing in conjunction with Credit control
* Develop and obtain sign off for key customers account plans with Senior Regional Sales Manager, reviewing performance against plans on a quarterly basis
* Responsible for making day to day commercial decisions and recommendations for customer portfolio in line with process
* Inform one plan process through communication of demand changes and highlighting weekly Risks and Opportunities
* Form part of the regional team to support and influence the wider regional commercial strategy and delivery of Regional plans
* Support the development of a high performing regional commercial team through displaying and executing commercial competencies
Key skills & experience
* Previous experience as a Field Sales Exec/Regional Exec/Business Development Exec in an FMCG businesses
* Good commercial acumen
* Previous P&L responsibility is preferable
* Experience of building and maintaining customer relationship to drive profitable growth through executing clear account plans
* Category based selling approach to add value through recognising gaps and opportunities within customers' accounts combined with ability to support with market leading category insight
* Customer centric approach with a focus on customer service to meet the needs of the customer
* Previous experience working with logistics to drive optimum cost to serve at a regional level.
* Experience of developing and executing commercial strategies
* Good understanding of E2E supply chain within direct to store logistics and RDC models, plus 3rd party routes to market via national and regional foodservice and wholesale channels.
* Presentation Skills
* Organised and Self-motivated with a structured approach to maximising impact with limited resources