We have partnered with an innovative FMCG food business who are looking for a Senior Buying Manager to join their innovative and established commercial team.
They are looking for indiviuals with signicant category management experience or buying within a retail envirionment, who ideally has previously worked with short shelf life or premum, artisan products. The client is looking for someone who is a passionate foodie and has experience of working with large FMCG manufacturers as well as independant, regional suppliers.
This is a newly created role for the business - you will be responsible for managing and growing their new online proposition, as well as driving profitability across existing customer channels.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a truly inspiring business with fantastic career progression.
- Develop category strategies, in line with company strategy, including pricing, ranging, and promotional activity
- Put in place robust processes with our cross functional teams to ensure we achieve best service, cost, continual improvement, innovation and quality from our supply base ensuring all joint targets for the Goods For Resale Buying Team/ Regions are achieved on time and in full
- Ensuring process efficiencies to ensure we are best in class
- Ensure Head of Buying is aware of significant issues and utilise his/her intervention to aid negotiation as necessary
Skills & experience:
- Category management or purchasing experience - minimum 5 years
- Experience of working within an FMCG food/drinks/retail business - ideally fresh & chilled
- SAP or equivalent experience / knowledge - minimum 3 years
- Project management experience - demonstrable
- Experience within a multi site / international business
- A dynamic and action orientated character who is able to deliver tangible results.
- Able to build strong commercial relationships with key suppliers / internal customers.
- A proven track record in category & project management
- Advanced Excel skills
- Supplier management - demonstrable
- Legal contractual management skills - demonstrable
- High negotiation skills
- A solid understanding of supply chain processes
- Drive and dynamism, with high levels of competitive spirit and energy
Please apply or contact Becky Evans directly on email@example.com/ 0121 270 4080