Social Media Manager
Social Media Managers are responsible for managing and implementing social media strategy. Driving brand awareness, consideration and positive engagement, the role involves working closely with PR, creative, digital and marketing teams to drive the social media agenda for clients and deliver a great customer experience.
The role of a Social Media Manager is to develop and execute social media strategy through qualified research, identifying suitable social media platforms and the right audiences and influencers. They will live & breathe social media, staying up to date with new technology and trends in order to maximise audience reach and engagement for the brand and/or clients they work for.
A Social Media Manager will often combine a creative skill set. The role also allows for creative thinking around campaign ideas and interactions with audiences. They will understand SEO and how to work closely with wider digital and marketing teams to ensure content is optimised.
Often supported by Social Media Executives and/or Content Authors, it will be the role of the Social Media Manager to bring it all together to make sure the message is always on brand and reaching the right audience. With the always on nature of social media, this role can be very fast paced and requires someone who works well under pressure and able to spot opportunities to grow brand presence online.
To be considered, employers look for candidates who have either worked within a social media role or within a digital PR team. This is one of the roles where the barrier between agency and in-house backgrounds doesn’t really exist. It’s about proving your ability to understand the complexity, speed and various nuances of the social media platforms, create engagement and a measurable commercial return.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and implement the social media strategy to drive brand awareness and engagement
- Manage presence in all common social networking channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube
- Work with internal stakeholders and where appropriate suppliers to develop socially engaging, relevant campaigns that support key category and business objectives
- Ensure campaign ideas for social media channels are aligned with the wider marketing plan
- Work alongside SEO team to develop campaigns for social influencers ensuring integration with blogger outreach plan
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how they can be deployed for businesses
Salary wise outside of London the role generally pays between £30,000 to £40,000 depending on regional variance and level of experience.
Nowhere in northern England says 'medieval' quite like York: a city of extraordinary cultural and historical wealth that has lost very little of its pre-industrial charm. A beautiful circuit of 13th-century walls enclose a medieval web of narrow streets. At its heart lies the awe-inspiring York Minster, one of the most beautiful Gothic cathedrals in the world. The city’s long history and rich heritage is woven into virtually every brick and beam, and the modern tourist-oriented city with its myriad museums, restaurants, cafes and traditional pubs, is a carefully maintained heir to that prized heritage.