This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and us (Pitch Consultants Ltd). Furthermore, the way this website and our database processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and Pitch take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy. Our database is encrypted, internal servers are password protected and limit remote access. We invest in systems which track access and flag data breach attempts so that we keep your information safe at all times.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, CV, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications and database. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the GDPR regulations. Further, by providing telephone and email details, you agree to Pitch Consultants contacting you using those methods under legitimate interest of the provision of recruitment services. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us via email
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
Pitch Consultants collects information in two possible ways:
a.When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, send us your CV, apply for a role, request our services or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
b.When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media platforms such as LinkedIn, job boards or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
How long do we keep your data for?
Pitch Consultants will not retain your personal information longer than necessary for the legitimate provision of recruitment services. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, report to HMRC or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
Pitch Consultants will never sell or share your personally identifiable information to any third party without your express consent. The only third parties we might request your permission to share your data with will be a client in the pursuit of helping you secure employment. But we’d always ask your permission first. We ask our Clients to only retain data relating to our Candidates for no longer than 6 to 12 months depending on circumstances (such as if you are seeking permanent or temporary work, or if the Client might need to hold onto your data for auditing purposes or in the case of a dispute).
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- Right to Rectification. You can contact us to change, or correct your personal information controlled by Pitch Consultants regarding your profile at any time. GDPR gives us a month to respond but generally we’ll have everything done for you within 48 hours.
- The right to Access (SAR). You can verify the details you have submitted to Pitch Consultants and all information held by us on this website and our databases. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address. Please note that excessive or unfounded requests might incur a fee – but we’ll always try to be reasonable. You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by logging onto our website or by contacting our team of Consultants.
- Right to Erasure (RTBF). You have the right at anytime to be permanently forgotten from our website and database. You can close your account on the website within your profile dashboard and request removal from our database by using the email address provided. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam). Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted with us.
- Data Portability. You can request a readable copy of all the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us via email and download a copy into .csv format from your dashboard
- Right to Restrict Processing. If you have a dispute or not comfortable with how we have processed your data but do not wish for it to be fully erased, you can request for us to suspend further processing until a resolution is reached. Please use the email provided for further information.
- Rights to Object. By providing telephone and email details, you agree to Pitch Consultants contacting you using those methods under legitimate interest of the provision of recruitment services. You however have the right to object to processing data for marketing services by logging onto your dashboard or contacting us via email. You can unsubscribe from receiving recruitment services alerts and/or marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email or by updated your preferences on your dashboard.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.
Points of Contact
There are two places we store data. Our website and our database. You can control, change, download or delete most of your data on our website yourself by accessing your dashboard: https://www.pitchconsultants.co.uk/users/login
For database related queries or if you’re not sure on some of the website Dashboard functions, or have any other queries or concerns, please contact the our Admin Team at our head offices in Birmingham. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org