It's time for that one extra special Wednesday in your month - of course, it's our next instalment of #FreelanceLife.
This month Oliver gives his accounts on what it's like to be a freelancer. Oliver is an experienced Graphic Designer who's worked on a number of projects.
1. What is your favourite thing about being a Freelancer?
The variety of work, being able to go for work which really interests me, learning different ways of how people work and the unknown of what the future holds!
2. What is your least favourite thing about being a Freelancer?
The unknown of what the future holds!
3. What skills are essential for a Freelancer?
Being patient, not to expect everything to fall in to place and not to give up chasing work because it'll come eventually!
4. On average, what time do you start and finish work? What does your day map out?
My current booking is a standard 9-5.
5. How often do you work remotely?
On average maybe just 1 day a week at the moment with a few evenings here and there.
6. What do you wish someone had told you when you were starting out?
Don't worry if you have a few quiet days, they are important to chase leads, update your portfolio and just relax.
7. Would you ever consider going for a permanent position?
Not at the moment, but I'd never say never.
8. What is the most standout memory from your Freelance Career? (Whether it brings, elation, anger, humour, sadness)
Being turned down for my first big chunk of work, kind of made me question whether this is right for me but a few days later I managed to get another booking so all ended well.
9. What song best represents your Freelance state of mind? Metal, Hip Hop, Classical?
At the moment it would have to be George Michael - Freedom
That's all for now but if you're feeling inspired by Oliver's insight into his freelance life then why not get in touch with us and see what we can do for you? Ellie is our fabulous freelance consultant and she'll be more than happy to give a helping hand.
If you'd like to check out our other episodes of #FreelanceLife then you can find them here.