Calling all freelance Developers!
Pitch are currently working with a superb digital agency who constantly push boundaries for the clients when building & designing new innovative websites and mobile applications. They require a Remote Android developer to join the team on a 1x month contract from 25th November’19.
This a remote working role for someone based in the UK.
Day to day:
• Develop native android apps using Android Studio.
• Coordinate test-fairy or alternatives and the play store release train.
• Optimise work flow & development tactics by implementing libraries.
• Perform code reviews.
• Unit test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
• Conduct bug fixes and improve the performance of apps.
• Participate in project estimates and new project setups.
• Communicate with team members and clients daily.
• Have responsibility for the efficiency and quality of developed applications.
• Keep up to date with new developments in the relevant framework, alongside technologies and operating systems.
• Excellent knowledge of Android SDK + Java & Kotlin.
• Experience with Android Studio.
• Experience working with RESTful APIs to connect Android apps to back-end.
• Experienced with ViewControllers / Persistence / User permissions / Location services & others.
• Deep understanding of code patterns using Android - MVC / Inheritance / Delegate / Notifications.
• Experience with memory management & caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
• Excellent understand of Google’s material design principles and interface guidelines.
• Comfortable working with Agile, Scrum & Lean methodologies.
• Worked with Zendesk, Zenhub, or equivalent like Jira previously.
• Good knowledge in Hybrid App development including PWA.
• Familiar with UX/UI standards.
If you have over 3 years hands on experience building android applications and implementing complex android experiences from the ground up, which have been published to the PlayStore, then Pitch would like to hear from you!
Dates: 25th Nov - 20th Dec'19
Day rate: £300 - £350