We have partnered with a fresh, food business who are looking for a a Junior Category Manager to join their fast-paced, commercial team.
The ideal candidates will have previously worked for an own label food or drinks business business within either a category or commercial sales role and have a strong analytical skill set.
The role is based is Lincolnshire however there is some flexible working for the right candidate.
This is a value orientated business, with a collaborative culture and strong business proposition.
- Co-ordinate the external Competitor shop agency and external consultant for the insights team. Completing the weekly rota, sample schedule and budget.
- Manage the competitor shop feed of weekly retail prices, promotional and photographic data bases to retain the week on week picture of the retail market.
- Provide category marketing support for one of the business's key categories
- Take the role of "Category Champion" for selected retail accounts (this will be based upon experience).
- Responsible for completing insight reports using the available EPOS, customers and retail panel data sources as required on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provide gap analysis for key customers and categories as required.
- Delivering a market leading understanding of the market intelligence, interpretation and inspiring innovation.
- Investigate and analyse both qualitative and quantitative data that is pertinent to the category, tasks and projects.
- Support the Head of Category Marketing & Insights and the Category Commercial Team in delivering key business and customer projects.
- Assist and cover for colleagues of the Marketing and Business Development Team where appropriate.
- Assistance in the management of key brands within the portfolio
- Ensure the efficient and correct delivery of key market data sources to the business with multi-faceted insight, interpretation and clear recommendations.
- Participate in the preparation of data and presentations to support business reviews and proposals.
- Provide customer facing support with commercial colleagues at client meetings / visits as required.
- Support all colleagues by providing all forms of data in numerical or visual form as deemed appropriate.
- Closely liaise with all external sources involved in the comparative shop and market data sources to ensure the best coverage of the market at all times.
- Participate in team brainstorms and innovation planning, taking the lead where appropriate to key product areas in supporting the NPD and varietal launches. This can include establishing the market positioning, ranging, packaging, merchandising.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of corporate, retailer and branded events and shows.
- Support commercial team workshops and meetings in the development of customer business plans.
- Assist the Head of Category Marketing & Insights in delivering business strategies and development projects.
- Deputise for other members of the category marketing and & Insights team when required.
- As required attend customer and supplier meetings (UK and abroad) to provide category marketing support.
- Conduct all business and communication, internally and externally, in line with written company policies and in a way that promotes a positive image of the company at all times.
if you are interested in being considered for the opportunity please apply directly or send your CV to email@example.com