We have partnered with a market leading FMCG food business who are looking for a Category Manager to join their innovative and established commercial team.
They are keen to meet with driven Category Managers or an experienced Category Executive who has previously worked for a Bluechip FMCG business, on a Top 4 Grocery Account.
You will be joining an established commercial team who are extremely values driven - the company also offers fantastic career progression opportunities and flexible working.
- Develop category strategies, in line with company strategy, including pricing, ranging, and promotional activity
- Responsibility for the category agenda with 2 of the business's Top 4 strategic retailer partners.
- Supporting the category team in setting the rolling 3 year plan & tailoring category vision, whilst implementing the annual plan.
- Develop retailer level insights & tailor centralised customer understanding to the customer
- Be proactive - Identify opportunities & threats and take solutions to the retailer
- Leading the Implementation of both the Brand & Own Label brand plans (supporting the creation)
- Responsibility for owning the relationship with relevant retailer counterparts & ensure contact matrix extends further than the buyer
- Responsibility for being the key category contact from a cross functional point of view as well as providing & sharing latest trends, news & actionable insights
- Responsibility for working cross functionally to develop a best in class annual plan, providing up-to-date actionable insights & ensuring our interests are represented outside the Business Unit
Skills & experience:
- Previous experience in a category management role with a leading bluechip FMCG brand
- In depth knowledge of Dunnhumby, Kantar, Nielsen IRI etc…
- Self-starter, proactive agenda setting and solution based approach.
- Strong communication skills with multiple styles.
- Effective influencer and good commercial understanding
- Category management experience - minimum 2-3 years
- Drive and dynamism, with high levels of team spirit and energy
For a confidential conversation please apply here or send your CV to Becky Evans - firstname.lastname@example.org